The Pic-Mineur is a self-contained building providing accommodations year-round located at the end of Pointe de la Truite. The refuge stands alone in the woods, 300 meters away from the welcome center and parking lot. The space inside Pic Mineur is compact and cleverly optimized. Its massive bay window will give you front-row seats to spectacular sunsets. Designed to welcome couples searching for a romantic getaway, Pic Mineur can accommodate up to two adults and two children.
The refuge is only accessible on foot, skis or snowshoes. To get there in the summer, you can use one of our transport carts, and in the winter, one of our sleds. You’ll be able to take advantage of the welcome center’s equipment and watercraft rentals for your daily activities.
- Solar-powered LED lighting
- Wood-burning stove heating
- Propane-powered hotplate with 2 burners
- 5 liters of drinking water
- 1 eight-inch queen-size mattress
- 1 extra four-inch queen-size mattress
- 1 bag of wood per night
- No refrigerator (bring a cooler)
- Dishes and cooking utensils
- No bed sheets (bring sleeping bags or bed sheets)
- Outdoor BBQ
- Outdoor tent site
- Outdoor dry pit latrine
- Outdoor campfire area
- Private access to the lake
- Access to showers and toilets in the reception from mid-november to mid-may
- Dogs not permitted, unfortunately
Between $120 and $175 per night,
- Designed for 2 adults (couple)
- 4 people max including children
- Free for children aged 12 and under
Activities to do during your stay
The territory of the Poisson Blanc Regional Park is a real playground. During your stay in your cabin in winter, enjoy the beauty of the landscape during a snowshoeing excursion on the Montagne du Fort.
During summer, rent the watercraft of your choice to go for a day trip on the reservoir. Our rest areas on the islands are ready to welcome you for a picnic or a swim in the sun. If you’re a rock-climbing lover, head to the paroi Écho or the paroi Éléphant. Theses walls will provide you memorable climbing experiences.